I have used Saunalahti for almost 20 years for broadband and mobile, but an offer from Sonera appeared much cheaper, so I decided to try it out. Two weeks later I cancelled my contracts and returned to Saunalahti! The experience was hair-raising and typical of these big pseudo monopolies. There were 8 major problems:
- The final cost of Sonera’s basic services was twice what I paid to Saunalahti.
- Sonera’s 50MG broadband ended up delivering 2,5MG to 3MG to my WiFi installation when Saunalahti’s 10MG service delivered 3,5MG to 5MG.
- Saunalahti has a really excellent free help desk – Sonera has a service called Helpson that costs more than 2€ a minute! Rip-off…
- The Helpson technicians were not able to help me with basic WiFi problems.
- I spent over 10 hours of my time trying to get Sonera’s systems working.
- The waiting time for Sonera’s customer line this last two weeks over 15 minutes for 10 of my calls = almost 3 hours!
- The 4G Sonera offered me produced EDGE/2G/3G most of the time.
- When I cancelled Sonera’s contract within the 15 day period they cut my broadband service in 5 minutes!
I am now a happy Saunalahti customer once more. Sonera managed to provide the worst customer service I have ever seen. What do the regulators have to say about this? I pity older folk who cannot stand up for themselves.